The School district shall give parents of students currently in attendance and eligible students currently in attendance annual notice by such means as are reasonably likely to inform the parents and eligible students of the following:
1. That the parent or eligible student has a right to inspect and review the student's education records and the procedure for inspecting and reviewing education records;
2. That the parent or eligible student has a right to seek amendment of the student's education records to ensure that those records are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student's privacy or other rights and the procedure for requesting amendment of records;
3. That the parent or eligible student has a right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records, except to the extent that federal and state law and the regulations promulated thereunder authorize disclosure without consent;
4. That the parent or eligible student has a right to file a complaint with the U. S. Dept. of Education regarding an alleged failure by the school district to comply with the requirements of 20 U.S.C. 1232g. and the rules promulagated thereunder;
5. The criteria to determine who constitutes a school official and what constitutes a legitimate educational interest for purposes of disclosing education records to other school officials whom the school district has determined to have legitimate educational interests; and
6. That the school district forwards educational records on request to a school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll.
500 East Paquin Street | Waterville, MN 56096 | Phone: 507-362-4432 | Fax: 507-362-4561